The MSDW Podcast: What IoT is, isn't & could be
Do you truly need Internet of Things (IoT) capabilities? Does the definition that marketers are feeding you even accurate?
Joining us to make sense of the technology and nomenclature is Nucleus Research analyst Joseph Mathias, author of the provocatively titled report Cutting Through the IoT Hysteria. Mathias and MSDynamicsWorld editor Jason Gumpert explore:
- What true IoT is, and isn't. (Hint: can the thing receive commands?)
- Why the IoT journey must begin with a problem that may be solved by sensors sensors and/or analytics.
- How the IoT label is misapplied; most user companies need one-way sensor data and analytics.
- Today's compelling IoT use cases (e.g., in manufacturing, for predictive maintenance).
- The difference between streaming versus batch analytics, and who benefits from each.
- The analytics engines that companies use to make sense of IoT data (e.g., Apache Spark).
- If, and how, Microsoft IoT and Azure Machine Learning fill the bill.
Want to be heard on our podcast?
We are always interested in a good story, idea, or accomplishment.
A significant product release, partnership, or merger. Your take on a trend like the move to the cloud, or Dynamics ...
FREE Membership Required to View Full Content:
Joining MSDynamicsWorld.com gives you free, unlimited access to news, analysis, white papers, case studies, product brochures, and more. You can also receive periodic email newsletters with the latest relevant articles and content updates.
Learn more about us here