MSDW Podcast: A Tinkerer's Perspective on Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
Murray Fife is a Dynamics 365 Global Black Belt at Microsoft who also spent years in the Dynamics partner channel. He writes on his own "A Tinkerer's Notebook" blog, he publishes an ongoing series of books about D365 and AX configuration and usage, and he can frequently be found in person and online educating the community on some of the latest and greatest tech inside and around Dynamics. Murray is usually out in front on the possibilities for blending standard Dynamics 365 capabilities with other cool tech. And as you'll hear in this conversation, these days Murray is looking farther and deeper than ever before into the ways customers can approach their technology needs.
- 3:00 – What is the Global Black Belt role all about?
- 5:00 – How D365FO deals are changing in terms of what customer proposals look like
- 6:30 – What Murray likes about the GBB role
- 14:00 – Microsoft technology that Murray is excited about today
- 22:45 - Sentiment and emotion analysis
- 27:30 – Working alongside Dynamics R&D
- 33:00 – Building amazing Flows
- 36:00 – Distinguishing between Flow and Azure Logic Apps
- 40:00 – What you can do to make Flows into a service that teams can manage rather than individuals
- 43:00 – Update on Murray's Barebones Companions guides, moving to D365FO