MSDW Podcast: Mike Dickerson of ClickDimensions on marketing tech in the Microsoft channel
Mike Dickerson,the CEO of marketing technology vendor ClickDimensions, joins us to discuss his company and its evolution in the Microsoft channel over the last two years. Now owned by private equity firm Accel KKR, the company has adjusted its focus today to three main challenges for customers and partners in the future – simplifying the technology, reducing costs, and solving the skills and resources gap. He discusses some fascinating findings about Microsoft partners, how the company has adapted to Microsoft's other marketing technology moves, and some principles of leadership.
You can read an abbreviated transcript of the podcast conversation here.
- 1:25 – The ClickDimensions origin story
- 3:15 – The company's position today
- 5:15 – What a focus on the Microsoft channel and technology has meant in go-to-market and distribution
- 8:00 – How the company and martech field have changed in the last two years
- 14:00 – Addressing the marketing skills gap in B2B
- 17:00 – Bridging the skills gap – for partners and for customers
- 24:00 – A "Center of Excellence" strategy for digital agency needs, and why it is needed
- 34:00 – What is ClickDimensions is doing differently from Microsoft
- 40:00 – Serving the on-prem customer base
- 42:30 – Leading the company under private equity ownership
- 46:30 – Guidance on decision making in leadership and advisory roles at tech companies