MSDW Podcast: Microsoft Dynamics AX to D365 Upgrade Journeys, Part 8 - FastTrack
Microsoft principal solution architects Sigita Cepaitiene and Gokul Ramesh discuss the program today and its future.
Our journey through the world of AX to Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (D365FO) upgrades continues with a primer on Microsoft's FastTrack program for D365FO implementations. FastTrack is a component of every D365FO cloud deployment, involving a range of activities and milestone checks during an implementation project. It is meant to improve the likelihood of a successful go-live and rollout by a customer and their partner.
Two principal solution architects from Microsoft, Sigita Cepaitiene and Gokul Ramesh, join us to discuss some of details of the program, including its origins, how it runs today, and ways it might evolve in the future. They also offer insight into what Microsoft is learning as it watches customers transition to SaaS ERP, from module usage to project management to One Version.
- 3:10 – Introduction to our guests
- 4:55 – How to think about FastTrack in the context of Office 365 and Dynamics
- 8:45 – What kinds of customers are benefiting from the program, and how?
- 15:15 – How the program combines technical and consultative elements.
- 16:45 – How has partner acceptance of the program been?
- 19:00 – How does a FastTrack project get kicked off?
- 20:00 – The metrics and telemetry data that the D365FO R&D team monitors leading up to go-live
- 23:55 – Can customers and their partners get more of this information during the analysis phase rather than the implementation?
- 29:30 – What has Microsoft learned from the telemetry data?
- 32:45 – What are the biggest challenges the FastTrack team is seeing in upgrading AX customers, and can ...
FREE Membership Required to View Full Content:
Joining MSDynamicsWorld.com gives you free, unlimited access to news, analysis, white papers, case studies, product brochures, and more. You can also receive periodic email newsletters with the latest relevant articles and content updates.
Learn more about us here