MSDW Podcast: John Silvani on building a business in the Microsoft channel atop PowerApps and CDS
On this episode we talk with John Silvani, President & CEO of Gravity Software. John wrote an article for MSDW in 2018 describing his experience running a SaaS ERP business built originally on Dynamics CRM Online and now on the Common Data Service and the Power platform. We talk about the evolution of Gravity's partnership with Microsoft, his thoughts on the evolution of CDS and the Power platform, and advice for other businesses looking to use Microsoft's business solutions ecosystem as their platform of choice.
- 1:20 – John's background in the Microsoft channel
- 3:15 – Formalizing xRM and the decision to build on it.
- 4:30 – Why doing xRM with all custom entities
- 7:00 – How ISVs are adapting to licensing and product changes for PowerApps and CDS-based solutions
- 12:00 – Managing the ISV relationship with Microsoft as an ERP vendor: cooperating vs competing
- 17:00 – Expanding an ISV offering and ecosystem with platform tools like Flow
- 20:45 – Gravity's channel building efforts. And advice to other prospective Microsoft partners.
- 24:40 – What to watch from Microsoft in 2019
- 26:00 – Trends from partners and buyers to watch for in 2019
FREE Membership Required to View Full Content:
Joining MSDynamicsWorld.com gives you free, unlimited access to news, analysis, white papers, case studies, product brochures, and more. You can also receive periodic email newsletters with the latest relevant articles and content updates.
Learn more about us here