MSDW Podcast: Improving field service maturity with Dynamics ERP
This episode is sponsored by ExpandIT.
Field service solutions maintain a unique position in the world of business software. It serves a distinct purpose and is used by very specific roles, and yet it also needs to work alongside other critical systems like a Dynamics ERP solution.
John Macdonald, group CSO and regional president for North America at ExpandIT joins us to talk about the types of businesses adopting field service today and how his firm's solution has matured alongside common ERPs like Dynamics 365 Business Central. We discuss the types of deployments and business outcomes his clients are seeking today, including some of his observations from recent customer conversations. For example, he estimates that eight percent of the prospects his sales team talks with are not moving from another field service solution but rather using manual, unstructured processes today.
As you will hear, John brings a unique perspective as a solution provider. Before joining ExpandIT, he held roles at Navision and Microsoft, so he is understands the challenges of the ERP-focused partner and how field service touch points should be optimized.
- 1:20 - John's history with Navision and Microsoft before joining ExpandIT
- 3:35 - What types of organizations benefit from field service software?
- 6:00 - The story of a growing business that was falling behind on service
- 9:00 - What are organizations' starting points today?
- 12:30 - Have ERP project experiences prepared customers for getting the most out of a field service deployment?
- 16:00 - How ExpandIt engages with customers and partners
- 20:00 - Navigating the need for a single source of truth between field service and other systems like ERP
- 23:45 - How a field service deployment typically rolls out (hint: speed matters)
- 28:00 - The types of business outcomes services firms are seeking
About ExpandIT: ExpandIT Field Service software puts information at your service technicians’ fingertips – digitally. Easily track key information, access up to date data, view a real-time overview of job related information, complete checklists and provide photographic proof of work completed.
FREE Membership Required to View Full Content:
Joining MSDynamicsWorld.com gives you free, unlimited access to news, analysis, white papers, case studies, product brochures, and more. You can also receive periodic email newsletters with the latest relevant articles and content updates.
Learn more about us here