MSDW Podcast: Examining the Dynamics GP to Dynamics 365 Business Central Upgrade, Ep. 3
While the second episode in our Microsoft Dynamics GP upgrade series dealt with customer needs, both current and future, this episode looks at some of the specific conversations that customers and their partners have when it is clear that a change is coming.
As we discuss in this episode, there are several precipitating factors that lead to a change from the GP status quo. And it is pretty clear that some ERP veterans, including our guests, Karen Riordan of Menlo Technologies and Peter Joeckel of TurnOnDynamics, have not yet embraced the idea that all or even most GP customers should move to Dynamics 365 Business Central. For some GP customers, BC is a good option, they say. But they also make the case that plotting the wrong path forward can result in big outlays of time and money with little to show at the end.
- 2:15 - Why now is the time to talk about GP customer upgrade options
- 8:45 - Defining two of the unique reasons why GP customers are motivated for a change
- 16:45 - Are GP customers moving to cloud hosting?
- 20:15 - Multi-tenancy - what it means that GP doesn't support it
- 22:45 - Peter makes the case for why GP to BC is not an upgrade
- 24:45 - Are GP users educating themselves?
- 28:45 - Why Karen is seeing interest in Intelligent Cloud
- 30:15 - Where should this series go from here?
FREE Membership Required to View Full Content:
Joining MSDynamicsWorld.com gives you free, unlimited access to news, analysis, white papers, case studies, product brochures, and more. You can also receive periodic email newsletters with the latest relevant articles and content updates.
Learn more about us here