Microsoft Q2 2018 Earnings Release: Azure up 98%, Dynamics 365 up 67%
Microsoft has announced the following results for the quarter ended December 31, 2017:
- Revenue of $28.9 billion, up 12%
- Operating income $8.7 billion, up 10%
- GAAP net loss $(6.3) billion, with non-GAAP net income $7.5 billion
- GAAP diluted loss per share $(0.82), with non-GAAP diluted earnings per share was $0.96
- GAAP results include a $13.8 billion net charge related to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA); a big "ouch," which is excluded from non-GAAP results.
That revenue narrowly edges analyst expectations. Analysts had expected Microsoft to earn $28.39 in revenue and earnings per share of $0.86.