From the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations Blogs: Session data info; Read-only role; Security objects; Reporting
In this week's review of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations blogs
- How to pin the session date information in your Dynamics 365 client
- Easily create a read-only role in D365FO
- Change the name of new configured security objects
- 9 key chart of accounts decisions to drive reporting in Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations
How to pin the session date information in your Dynamics 365 client
On his blog, André Arnaud de Calavon stated that recently someone on the Dynamics community asked if the session date feature could be visible continuously in the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations client.
Arnaud de Calavon shared an example how to make that happen with a simple custom extension. He noted that he had created a small customization that you can download from GitHub to allow you to have the session date visible while you are working.
He offered the details and created a short demo video, as well as a written summary.
Easily create a read-only role in D365FO
Writing on his blog, Alex Meyer stated that he's been asked a number of times how to create a "read-only" or "view-only" role that he decided to explain how he created one.
He explained some of the reasons that you might need to create a read-only role.
- Executive/upper management users who need access to view information but should not be able to transact in the system
- Internal/external audit users who need to ...
FREE Membership Required to View Full Content:
Joining MSDynamicsWorld.com gives you free, unlimited access to news, analysis, white papers, case studies, product brochures, and more. You can also receive periodic email newsletters with the latest relevant articles and content updates.
Learn more about us here