7 SharePoint Online Upgrades for Large Customers
With an eye on keeping its larger users of the online version of SharePoint happy, Microsoft recently announced a number of upgrades to the service. The seven key changes - outlined by Microsoft's Jesper Osgaard in A bunch of enhancements to the SharePoint Online service - are:
- Improved file upload experience: increased file upload limit from 250MB to 2 GB
- Increased site collection limit from 3,000 to 10,000
- Improved self-restoration: increasing recycle bin retention duration to 90 days, up from 30
- .exe and .dll are now acceptable file types
- List lookup threshold increased to 12 relations
- Versioning of Office documents "On" by default in new SkyDrive Pro libraries with 10 versions being retained (Versioning helps with deletion errors and overwriting scenarios)
- Internet Explorer 10 fix for "Open with Explorer View" on Windows 7
Fierce Content Management's Ron Miller pointed out that the new document upload limit may not be large enough for video collaboration or CAD documents, but still calls the enhancement an "improvement that allows for a broader range of supported document types, including .exe and .dll files, which should please programmers working in this environment."
Want more on using AX with SharePoint? See today's live webcast Linking Dynamics AX and SharePoint to Create Your Own Document Management System.