MSDW Podcast: What it means to be a modern manufacturer
This episode is sponsored by Avanade.
In a landscape of global competition and supply chain complexity, manufacturers are turning to some of the most interesting and newest technology offerings to help fuel their success. And our guests, Jennifer Johnson, Avanade’s North America Manufacturing Industry lead, and Thomas Nall, Avanade’s Global Manufacturing Industry lead, share their perspective on the investments their manufacturing clients are making or planning as modern manufacturers. From big data and data transformation to disruptive technology and sustainable manufacturing, they share stories from the field and how Avanade is helping manufacturers move the needle when it comes to data, technology, and innovation.
- 2:15 - How to approach questions around getting data right for manufacturers and their supply chains
- 6:30 - The importance of standardizing data
- 8:00 - What do manufacturers face when they take ownership of new business systems?
- 11:30 - Facing organizational change across many roles, from IT to the shop floor
- 15:00 - Does more data open opportunities for new roles and responsibilities?
- 17:00 - Trends in modernizing IoT
- 18:30 - What do organizations need to understand about digital twins
- 21:00 - What other new technology holds promise? (augmented reality, predictive analytics, and more)
- 28:00 - Do pressures of the pandemic prove instructive for future tech planning?
- 29:30 - Are executives eager to talk about the future of their businesses, competition, and consumer habits?
- 33:30 - Growing interest by customers in taking a technology-first approach
- 36:30 - Reasons for optimism about technology investment in manufacturing
Connect with Jen and Tom on LinkedIn and visit Avanade.com for more information on Avanade - the leading digital innovator, creating great experiences and realizing results for their clients through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem.
FREE Membership Required to View Full Content:
Joining MSDynamicsWorld.com gives you free, unlimited access to news, analysis, white papers, case studies, product brochures, and more. You can also receive periodic email newsletters with the latest relevant articles and content updates.
Learn more about us here