MSDW Podcast: Moving your Dynamics ERP or CRM solution from Ground to Cloud
Editor's Note: This episode is sponsored by DXC Technology.
Organizations with on-premises Dynamics ERP or Dynamics CRM solutions probably understand that moving those workloads to the cloud requires planning. But with so many variables, no two cloud journeys are exactly the same.
Today's podcast guests, Chris Lavelle and Heather Palmieri from DXC Technology, join Microsoft MVP Rick McCutcheon to share their experiences planning and delivering cloud migrations of various types. The process always starts with a conversation to understand the business goals and the current application environment, Lavelle and Palmieri explain.
Listen in as our guests discuss their experiences working with customers to move a Dynamics ERP or CRM solution to the cloud and what kinds of plans, expectations, and decisions lead to success.
Listen to the previous episode in this series: MSDW Podcast: Accelerating the transition to a digital workforce
If you have questions you can get in touch with our DXC guests at email@example.com or by calling: +1 877-651-6193.
- 3:00 - How to start the conversation
- 5:00 - Who on the user side needs to be involved in the process from the start?
- 6:15 - How can an organization estimate the time their migration will take?
- 7:45 - Following a project planning methodology to develop a fact-based approach
- 10:30 - Why legacy system migration usually includes unknowns that make expectation management a challenge
- 15:15 - Estimating the time required of the end user organization to keep a cloud migration moving forward
- 17:45 - How to prepare your organization for the commitment required on a cloud project.
- 19:30 - Supporting an organization's ERP or CRM usage after moving to the cloud
- 21:15 - How to use cloud migration as an inflection point for our business
FREE Membership Required to View Full Content:
Joining MSDynamicsWorld.com gives you free, unlimited access to news, analysis, white papers, case studies, product brochures, and more. You can also receive periodic email newsletters with the latest relevant articles and content updates.
Learn more about us here