MSDW Podcast: Joe Corigliano on Microsoft's latest Business Applications partner strategy
Microsoft partner organizations, especially those fully committed to the Dynamics 365 and Power Platform channel, should not be surprised to hear that managing their Microsoft relationship is an important element of their business success.
Our guest on this episode, Joe Corigliano, understands the importance and complexity of these relationships between Dynamics partners and Microsoft. Joe joined Microsoft as part of the Great Plains acquisition of the early 2000's and has worked both as an employee and as a member of the channel ecosystem in the years since. Now working with Microsoft ISVs from the outside, he shares his perspective on what top performing Dynamics 365 ISVs are doing well today and what he foresees in Microsoft's ongoing partner engagement efforts and broader community planning.
- 1:30 - Joe's history in the business apps ecosystem, dating back to Great Plains
- 3:30 - Observations on the current state of partners
- 5:00 - Why it is so challenging for partners to manage their Microsoft relationship
- 6:30 - What it means to be a globally managed ISV and how to achieve that level of attention
- 10:00 - Why ISVs should pursue a globally managed status
- 12:30 - Observations from Inner Circle and the ISVs who were invited this year
- 15:30 - Themes coming out of both Inner Circle and Directions North America 2022
- 17:30 - How should ISV IP align with Microsoft's goals?
- 20:00 - The benefits of tying into a Microsoft industry cloud
- 22:00 - Are partners getting enough from Microsoft in terms of strategic guidance?
- 26:00 - Microsoft channel leadership and the future of Microsoft's own conference strategy
- 28:00 - What does Microsoft's goal of Business Apps becoming a $10 billion segment mean for their public image, including their events roadmap?
Find a transcript of this episode here.
FREE Membership Required to View Full Content:
Joining MSDynamicsWorld.com gives you free, unlimited access to news, analysis, white papers, case studies, product brochures, and more. You can also receive periodic email newsletters with the latest relevant articles and content updates.
Learn more about us here