MSDW Podcast: Diving into Dynamics 365 Business Central 2019 release wave 2 with Microsoft’s Chad Sogge
This episode of the MSDW Podcast is sponsored by ClickLearn.
It's an important week for the Dynamics 365 and Power Platform teams as 2019 release wave 2 begins to roll out to customers. To learn more about what this means for Dynamics 365 Business Central, we are joined by Microsoft group program manager Chad Sogge and Microsoft MVP and DSWi (formerly Dynamics Southwest) COO AJ Ansari.
Chad explains the five key areas in which his team has delivered updates to Business Central and dives into some of the issues that partners and customers will be watching for as these updates roll out.
Improving the upgrade and migration tools is top of mind. Even more urgent is the status of extensions, specifically their development and support related to compatibility with wave 2. It's potentially a big change for existing BC customers, and the timing is critical.
Also up for discussion in this episode are topics including customer support, multiple production instances, submitting new ideas for the product team, and more.
- 4:00 – 5 key areas of focus for the 2019 wave 2 release for Business Central
- 13:30 – Momentum around discussing NAV to BC upgrades, and what is still needed
- 16:45 – Are customers demanding that ERP vendors like Microsoft carry more of the burden of making upgrades easy and relatively low cost?
- 20:00 – Why the Dynamics 365 leadership team is aiming for more openness in the roadmap.
- 24:30 – Working in sandbox instances with production data.
- 27:00 – How will the latest updates to AL impact extensions?
- 34:30 – The shift to modules and componentization in wave 2
- 39:00 – Opening support tickets via the admin center, is customer access coming?
- 46:00 – Creating multiple production instances in a tenant
- 49:00 – How the community is influencing the priorities of new releases of BC
- 51:00 – Status of integration with Common Data Service, Flow, and PowerApps
- 54:00 – Is the dev platform now at an "AL 3.0" stage? And why the BC team might want to consider stronger branding on the changes.
- 56:00 – What's next in terms of diving into wave 2
FREE Membership Required to View Full Content:
Joining MSDynamicsWorld.com gives you free, unlimited access to news, analysis, white papers, case studies, product brochures, and more. You can also receive periodic email newsletters with the latest relevant articles and content updates.
Learn more about us here