MSDW Podcast: Derek Lichtenwalner on changing careers with Microsoft Power Apps
When a new application changes the way a business operates, it is changing the way individual workers carry out their jobs. Our guest, Derek Lichtenwalner, a digital transformation specialist at water bottling company BlueTriton, understands the impact of changes better than your average solution developer because he made the transition to his current role after working several in roles on the company's production line.
Now a Microsoft Power Apps expert at the company, he is responsible for developing and enhancing applications that the production workers use to inspect and maintaining equipment.
Derek tells us about how Power Apps changed the trajectory of his career from production to digital transformation, and how he now interfaces with both the company's employees and management.
- 2:00 - How Power Platform was introduced at his company
- 4:15 - Why Derek tends to look at the user's perspective first when designing apps
- 5:00 - How a hackathon kickstarted Derek's Power Apps work
- 8:15 - Details about the autonomous maintenance app that Derek works with.
- 10:30 - The technology that make the app work, like Azure AD connector
- 11:30 - Observations on app speed
- 14:00 - Maintaining relationships with app users and getting feedback.
- 15:30 - Getting involved in the Power Apps community
- 16:30 - On changing career plans as a result of Power Apps work
- 18:30 - What Derek is looking forward to in Power Platform
- 19:30 - Why the business still needs to add automation
- 20:30 - Lessons or advice to newcomers to Power Apps (helping others with questions, speed up dev of their applications)
FREE Membership Required to View Full Content:
Joining MSDynamicsWorld.com gives you free, unlimited access to news, analysis, white papers, case studies, product brochures, and more. You can also receive periodic email newsletters with the latest relevant articles and content updates.
Learn more about us here