MSDW Podcast: Adam Robinson on e-commerce for manufacturers
Note: This episode is sponsored by Sana Commerce.
What does it take to earn and retain the business of B2B buyers today? For manufacturers contemplating ways to improve the experiences of their customers, technology investment is likely a major component of any plan. After all, B2B buyers are hard to replace and, since they are also consumers when they're not at work, their expectations have changed over the years to include things like choosing their preferred ways to buy products and get support.
Our guest, supply chain technology marketing strategist Adam Robinson, joins us to provide context on how manufacturers investments in customer experience technology like modern e-commerce is becoming one of the most critical ways to position a company for success in the future. Robinson foresees a wave of change coming to the manufacturing sector that will impact supply chains through new waves of acquisition, continuing risks disruption, and new options for buyers who will more actively seek new options if a vendor fails to meet their needs.
- 2:00 - How customer demand is driving manufacturers to invest in new capabilities
- 6:00 - How concern over margins and other metrics are driving tech stack investments
- 9:30 - Are current events creating smarter businesses?
- 11:00 - Expectations in B2B commerce customer experiences
- 14:00 - How to get out of day-to-day perspective and re-focus on broader view
- 16:45 - The relationship between 3PLs and e-commerce technology
- 20:00 - What roles in a manufacturing organization matter to understanding customers
- 21:30 - Opportunities in direct-to-consumer scenarios when customer data connects across the organizations
- 25:15 - Predictions on supply chain and logistics future
FREE Membership Required to View Full Content:
Joining MSDynamicsWorld.com gives you free, unlimited access to news, analysis, white papers, case studies, product brochures, and more. You can also receive periodic email newsletters with the latest relevant articles and content updates.
Learn more about us here