How to Achieve Fully Built Up Cost with Standard Tools - Part 2
Costing for Dynamics AX and 365 for Operations
This is the sixth session in a 10-event series. To register for the entire series, click here.
One of the most important goals a company must have, is the understanding of the product cost. Cost is not just the purchase cost or the direct manufacturing cost. It should include the cost associated with providing a product. This means such things as freight, tariffs, fees, and indirect costs are reflected in the item cost. Yes we can become overzealous with trying to track these costs. However, if we are going to really understand an items profitability, we must understand the associated costs.
This session will include:
- Understanding the components of cost
- Use of miscellaneous charges as an allocation method
- Allocation of warehouse operations to item cost
- The best practices for managing freight costs
- Understanding the new costing allocation for purchased items in AX2012
Part 1 of this session will take place on Tuesday, January 17th at 12:00 pm ET.