Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent: Your most common questions answered
Following my webcast "Your HR Solution in Dynamics 365 for Talent", a recording of which is available here, several questions were raised related to this new addition to the Dynamics 365 family. Is it a cloud version of the Human Resources module from Dynamics AX? Is it going to replace it eventually? Is there a on-premises edition? What's its licensing model? I'll answer these and other questions in this article.
But before we carry on with the Q&A format, let me recap the key messages about Talent shared during the webcast.
End-to-end HR process management
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent introduces more streamlined processes for managing recruitment and onboarding, as well as many routine tasks and processes related to staffing your organization. These processes include employee retention, benefits administration, training, performance reviews, and change management. It also provides a framework for HR administrators to manage areas of professional development of employees and identification of talents within an organization for potential compensation and succession.
According to the official documentation, we can use Talent to complete these tasks:
- Administer organizational structures.
- Maintain comprehensive worker information from hire to retire.
- Define and administer benefit plans, enroll workers, assign dependent coverage, and designate beneficiaries.
- Establish and monitor absence policies.
- Implement and track profile-based time management and generate pay information to export to a payroll system.
- Manage worker competencies.
- Review performance and implement worker goals.
- Set up, deliver, and analyze training courses that include agendas, sessions, and tracks.
And the best part of it: ...
FREE Membership Required to View Full Content:
Joining MSDynamicsWorld.com gives you free, unlimited access to news, analysis, white papers, case studies, product brochures, and more. You can also receive periodic email newsletters with the latest relevant articles and content updates.
Learn more about us here