Fundraising in the Internet Era: Why an Effective Online Fundraising Strategy is a "Must Have" for All Nonprofit Organizations
A number of studies have shown that people increasingly prefer to make charitable donations online. Young donors and volunteers, snubbing traditional appeals such as telephone calls and direct marketing, are satisfying their philanthropic urges on the internet. They are increasingly turning to blogs and social-networking sites such as MySpace and Facebook to spread the word about--and raise funds for--their favorite nonprofits and causes. Therefore, it is crucial that not-for-profit organizations adopt a powerful online fundraising strategy to capitalize on this trend.
Readers of this white paper will learn:
- The various online options that can help not-for-profit organizations craft an online strategy to better serve constituents and offline fundraising efforts.
- Best practices for not-for-profit organizations to create highly-effective fundraising web sites.
- How to build and execute a powerful email marketing campaign to existing and prospective donors.
- How e-commerce and online auctioning act as an additional venue for interaction with constituents and fundraising.
- The benefits of integrating online and offline data.
- Why online donations are cost-effective and can save time for not-for-profit organizations.