Microsoft Dynamics Partner Round Up: AX in Formula One; AX Win in Customer Service Outsourcing; Datatel Releases V2 of Dynamics CRM-based Recruiting Solution
Team Lotus "in the Driver's Seat" with Microsoft Dynamics AX
Team Lotus, the Formula One team that brought the Lotus name back into Grand Prix racing last year, has announced that its implementation of Microsoft Dynamics AX has enabled them to achieve full control and visibility of purchasing and stock as the business continues to grow.
Microsoft Gold partner, eBECS Ltd, led Team Lotus to Microsoft Dynamics AX and managed the development of the solution across Team Lotus' entire operation, according to the company.
Richard St Clair-Quentin, Commercial Manager at Team Lotus said it was critical for his company that the ERP system strictly control and manage its stock.
"Our cars are highly engineered and we use expensive materials, such as carbon fiber and titanium, so we have to be sure that we have full control and visibility over purchasing, manufacturing, stock holding and material consumption, all of which is underpinned by Microsoft Dynamics AX," he said. Additionally, Team Lotus HQ can hold between 5,000 and 10,000 separate components, all of which need to be purchased and stored before they are used in the manufacturing process.
Team Lotus was able to easily integrate and deploy Microsoft Dynamics AX so the company could better manage its 720 suppliers, which certainly helped the organization reap benefits quickly.
In the future eBECS plans to broaden the scope of Microsoft Dynamics AX by expanding warehouse stock and manufacturing control, improving supplier management, increasing the facility to report the impact analysis of engineering changes, and implementing financial business process improvements.
Business & Decision Selected by Telerx for Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP Implementation
Customer service outsourcing provider Telerx has selected Business & Decision, a business and technology consulting firm, to manage the implementation of a new enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution built on Microsoft Dynamics AX.
B&D is helping Telerx to replace manual, paper processes and multiple, disparate systems with a single, less expensive solution.
Business & Decision will use the Rapid Sure Step Approach in Telerx's implementation, to cause less disruption to the company's day-to-day business activities. The Rapid Sure Step Approach will also speed up implementation as well as help Telex save money.
Datatel Takes Fastest-Selling Student Recruitment Solution to the Next Level
Datatel has announced the newest version of its Datatel Recruiter software, which is powered by Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. The company claims that in the past 12 months, Datatel Recruiter has been selected by more higher education institutions than any other strategic enrollment management solution, including many two-year and four-year colleges.
The solution works with any student information system (SIS). It automates the recruiting life cycle so enrollment and admissions teams can do more with less in a challenging budget environment.
Recruiter 2.0 capabilities now include:
- Flexible deployment options, including on-premise or Software as a Service (SaaS), so institutions can migrate from one deployment approach to the other to react to staffing and resource changes. The SaaS option outsources software hosting and management, enabling admissions and enrollment departments to focus on prospective students.
- Improved ability to target and reach prospective students that are "best-fit" for an institution. The updated software delivers state-of-the-art constituent relationship management (CRM) functionality so institutions can recruit students that meet their unique admissions criteria so they will matriculate, fit in with the institution, succeed academically, and graduate.
- Performance tracking enhancements, including new travel management features that enable tracking of recruiting events and trips and their effect on the admissions, a new graphical dashboard, and additional reporting capabilities.
- Seamless integration with Datatel Web Content Management System to enable the institution to target personalized Web content to prospective students.
- Deeper integration with Datatel Colleague, which helps institutions already running Datatel's ERP system.
Datatel Recruiter makes it easier for admissions teams to manage their day-to-day operations by its seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook and its dashboard, charting, and reporting options, according to company officials.